Saturday, December 15, 2012

12-9-2012 -- Sunday

Sunday morning after family prayer, Jim drove into work early. The Honolulu Marathon was taking place around here, and he wanted to be sure he made it to work on time, as many of the roads were blocked off for the runners. Since we didn't make it to church I taught the kids a lesson from a church manual. It was on being kind to animals. After our church "service" we decided to go enjoy God's beautiful creatures by looking for them on the beach. We saw little fishies in the water, heard birds chirping in the trees, and even shooed away some curious pigeons off our beach mats.

While at the beach, Tralee had a long conversation with some fellow tourists. They were from Japan, and after talking with them for a while, Tralee excitedly ran up to me and said, "Mom, they taught me some words in their language!" When I asked what she learned Tralee responded, "Cold is Coh and hot is hah." It made me smirk a little bit.

We also watched as marathoners finished their jaunt and walked right from the finish line and into the water, stopping only to take off their shoes. I gotta hand it to those runners, they're pretty amazing! I've gone jogging a few times since we've been in Hawaii, and give myself a pat-on-the-back if I make it close to three miles! I can't imagine running for more than 26! Bravo to those that can do it!

Anyways, Sunday was lovely!












No comments: