Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Family Fun Night

A few weekends ago Tralee's school hosted a fall family fun night.  Kids wore their costumes, there was a haunted hallway, book fair, games, snacks, crafts, and more.  It was a fun night!

Tralee went as a black cat.  She's wanted to be a black cat since last Halloween.  It was a super easy costume to put together - HOORAY!



Hissing



Jim found a superman costume at a friend's garage sale this summer.  We've been talking up Superman to Hunter every since.  So, when Halloween came around when we asked, "What do YOU want to be for Halloween?"  Hunter would (almost) always answer "SUPERMAN!!"  He's a cute little superhero if you ask me!




The kids had a blast at Tralee's school.  Tralee saw friends, both kids played games, did the craft, and when it came time for the haunted hallway I was a bit worried since other kids were coming out in tears.  I explained to my wee ones, "This is all pretend, ok?"  Tralee said she already knew it was pretend.  I held Hunter through the hallway, and he didn't really react.  Tralee went up to the scare-ers and told them, "I know you're just pretending!"  Everything that was supposed to be scary Tralee just turned her nose up and said, "That's just pretend!"  I wonder how she would react if we took her through a REAL haunted house/maze.  Would it scare her?  Or would she go up to a zombie and say, "You're just fake!"  I probably won't do that, anytime soon, but it would be fun to see.

Since the school fun night we've been keeping busy with lots of activities-- birthday parties, playgroups, after school activities, get-togethers with friends, family, and neighbors, just to name a few.  We've been busy, but I really have no complaints.  We absolutely love our new surroundings/situation.  I feel VERY blessed.

1 comment:

Boom said...

I feel very blessed with your blessedness! Tralee is a piece of work! Hunter's hair looks great. Tell him I said so. Tell him if he eats really good food, his hair will keep getting better.

Love Mom