Monday, March 19, 2012

Day Two in HI: Rainy Day

Day two in Hawaii we woke up to rain.  We went out for breakfast, took Jim to work, and the kids and I looked for something fun to do in the not-so-sunny weather.  First we visited our favorite look-out point to watch the surfers.  There was only one, and we saw him catch a few waves.  It started to rain a little heavier, so I loaded the kiddies back in the car, and we went for a drive.



I found out there was an abandoned ghost town behind the sugar factory, and in this ghost town is a little open-air bookshop that sells used books for 25 cents each.  They even had some for free.  I thought it might be worth the drive in the rain, so off we went.  It was actually a nice little drive, and the babes and I had a lot of fun checking out some vintage classics and not-so-classics.  I let Tralee and Hunter pick out a few books, and I grabbed a copy of To Kill a Mockingbird.  I haven't read it since 7th grade English, and thought it might be a nice re-read, especially for 25 cents!


After the bookstore we left for lunch, visited Jim at work, and then made our way back to the hotel to wait out the rain.

The rain didn't want to quit, and I worried that our week in Maui would get rained out.  Luckily for me, I was wrong!  We hardly had any rain the rest of the week.  I guess the rain didn't want to stop until Jim could finally explore the island with us and our real vacation could officially begin! 

No comments: