Friday, October 21, 2011

Utah Trip

Last weekend Jim, the kids, and I drove to Utah for my cousin's wedding.  We crashed at my parents' very nice hotel, and spent a super, albeit, quick weekend with family.  It was a lot of fun.
Swimming at the hotel pool with Tralee.  There were some goggles that someone had left behind that we let Tralee use, and she LOVED them.  I wish I would have taken a picture of her with them on, because her whole head would go down in the water and stay there longer than I thought she could.  She would come up for air, and then go right back under.  After a while we made her take off the life jacket and give swimming a whirl without it.  She did really well.  I guess we need to invest in some goggles for her.  Hopefully by the end of her next swim lessons she'll be a confidant swimmer.

Here's my mother swimming with Hunter.  She put him in this swimsuit/floating thing that was also up for grabs in the hotel's swim stuff.  Hunter looked funny, but he loved the thing.

Tralee would swim all day if we let her, but yeah, the life jacket has to go at some point.  She loves just floating in the water, but we don't want it to be a crutch.

My mom and her sister, my Aunt Lorie.  I used to go visit my Aunt Lorie and her six girls in Utah when I was younger.  I didn't have any sisters, so going to a house full of nothing but girls (Uncle Jack aside) was lovely.

They're kind of funny when they're together.

Jim with Uncle Dave.  Uncle Dave is the youngest sibling on my mom's side.  Dave's a hugger.  Jim decided to beat Dave to the hugs, so every time Jim saw Dave, he went in for the hug whether Dave wanted one or not!

My Mom's dad (my grandpa) and my dad looking all spiffy outside the Bountiful Temple

My kids found a roley poley.  It kept them busy for quite a while.

Waiting for the reception to start.

He's just so cute!

I took some model portfolio shots for Jim (hardy har har).  He struck this pose all on his own, without any encouragement from me.  That mark on his face was a kiss from Tralee after she put on some of my lipstick.  Jim kept it on all night.  He said, "when you're my age and a sweet young thing gives you a kiss, you leave on the lipstick."  What he said was cuter than that actually, I can't remember his exact words, but you get the gist.

My mom and dad.

They've been married for 35 years, and still like to kiss.  That's nice. . . and gross.

Throwing those helicopter leaf things in the air.

Dad, Mom, Aunt Lori, and my grandma (Mom's mom).  Something was funny.

Tralee looking all cute in hat her Aunt Adrienne gave her.
Can you see that little eye peeking through?  Hunty thought he was pretty funny for taking off his pants and wearing them on his head.  It actually was pretty funny.

Overall, our weekend in Utah was great!  On Saturday after the reception we went out for sushi with some of Aunt Lorie's daughters (the same ones mentioned above) and their husbands.  It was nice catching up, and getting to know everyone a little better as adults (I haven't hung out with some of my cousins since they were little).  My family is the greatest, and I wish the weekend would have lasted a bit longer.  Oh well.  I have a lot of cousins on my mom's side, so chances are there will be another wedding in no time! 

1 comment:

James and Shawna said...

We had so much fun, too! Love the pictures!