Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tralee Cracks Me Up

Here are a few Tralee moments that had me laughing:

Everytime I ask Tralee who she's going to marry her answer is always, "Prince Charming." She goes on to explain, "and I'm gonna marry him in a palace and we're gonna have a baby girl and I'm gonna name her Strawberry and she's gonna drink milk."

The other day we were running some errands and I heard a little voice from the backseat say, "Mom, I sure wish I could live up in the clouds with Jesus."

Along those same lines I've also heard, "I wish I could fly like a birdie," and "I wish I could live up in the clouds with the ponytails!" (Tralee calls unicorns and My Little Ponies ponytails).

Jim and Tralee like to watch Phineas and Ferb together. I'm not a huge fan of noneducational television for the littles, but this is something Jim and Tralee like to watch together, so I don't mind so much. If you're not familiar with the show, there's a villain on it named Dr. Doofenshmirtz who invents things like, shrinkinators, uglyinators, or any silly thing that ends with -inator. So, the other day Jim wouldn't do something Tralee wanted him to and she goes, "Daddy, I'm gonna invent an inator and make it come over and bust you!" Jim was in stitches.

Today at Joann Fabrics Tralee tooted and when I smirked at her and asked, "What was that?" Tralee (very loudly) announced, "It was my stinky fart!" I laughed and Tralee goes, "What? What's so funny? It was my fart! My stinky stinky fart!" I'm sure the little old lady we were next to didn't find this moment quiet as hilarious as I did.

And because we're already on the potty topic I'll share this next tidbit. Tralee and I were playing pretend with her stuffed animals. I was a veterinarian and was tending to Ellie the Elephant. She had a tummy ache and I decided it was because she ate too much junk food. Tralee piped up and said, "Yeah, Ellie. You need to poop it all out and then you'll feel better." I took the lion I was playing with and sat it next to Ellie to comfort her, but that wasn't the right move. Tralee said, "No. Get away, or you'll get poop on you." She then began making grunting sounds for the elephant who, apparently, was takin' care of business. I giggled. . . a lot. A few grunts later and Ellie the Elephant was as right as rain!

Tralee names most of her stuffed animals herself now. Most animals have names like, Twinkle Nose, Rainbow Scrumptious Sparkle, Sparkily Barkily Gorgeous, you get the idea. However, there is one stuffed animal who wins the prize for the best name. Tralee has a little stuffed cow that she named (are you ready for this?) Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Milk. Yes, that many cows, and she says them all each time she talks about it. For instance, "Mom! I can't find Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Milk! Will you help me find him?" I also enjoy the random Milk at the end of this cow's name. When I asked Tralee what Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Cow Milk's nick-name is she told me, "It's Bluey for short." I usually go with Bluey, it's a big time-saver.

I know there are other things I'm forgetting about. But for now, at least these moments won't be forgotten. I love having a four-year-old. She's hilarious!


2 comments:

JoAnn said...

4year olds are great

Joni said...

freakin hilarious!!