Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wisconsin Road Trip: Part One

My mom and I were feeling brave, so we ventured the eight hour road trip from Ohio to Wisconsin to visit my family in Milwaukee. I'm glad we did. The time on the road getting there and getting back wasn't my favorite, but everything in between was quite lovely. There were far too many photos taken, so I'm splitting up our Wisconsin trip in two posts.

The picture below was taken within the first few hours. It was before the storm hit. . . literally. We had to pull off the road somewhere in Indiana because we were in the middle of some serious weather. Lightening all around us, wind blowing our car all over the road, rain so hard we couldn't see where we were driving, and thunder booming so loud we couldn't hear anything else.
After all the excitement on the road, we finally made it to my Nana's condo around 2am. On the road we dealt with screaming uncomfortable Hunter, taking the wrong route so we were on the road an extra hour, bad weather, and getting lost in road construction only twenty minutes away from our destination. All I wanted was to climb into bed and not move for the next few hours. I didn't bother brushing my teeth, or getting into my pajamas. I think I literally crashed onto the hide-a-bed with Tralee and Hunter and didn't move until morning when the kids started rolling over me.

We had a FULL day on Saturday. First Tralee was able to see her cousins, something she talked about non-stop while she was awake in the car. My mom and I heard at least a hundred times on the drive to Wisconsin, "Mommy, Mommy Char-Char, I'm going to see my cousins! I'm going to see Haylee and Brady!" Tralee couldn't wait. The first cousin activity was a Primary Church activity at somebody's house. There were lots of sporty games to play in a large yard, and all the kids had fun.



We went back to Nana's for a yummy lunch, and afterwards Grammy Char Char, Amy, Haylee, Brady, Tralee, Hunter, and myself went to the splash fountain at Bayshore mall.











When everyone was as wet as they wanted to be, we made our next stop at a park. After playing at the park, we made our way to Nana's. Nana prepared a wonderful meal (as always) for us, and we let the kids play while the adults visited.

Actually. . . my big brother Jimmy watched my kids for me so my mom, Amy, and I could run some errands after dinner. It was only running errands, and it was only for an hour, but it felt GOOD to be around adults for a bit. I love my kids. . . but sometimes it's nice to step away for a bit and have some adult conversation with no interruptions.

We ended our day eating Kopps frozen custard. YUM!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for more photos to sum up our Wisconsin trip.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Your brother is so incredibly amazing!

amy said...

cute pics! such a fun weekend! who's this amazing brother of yours? :)

Leslie said...

Amy, I'll introduce you some time, I really think you two would hit it off.

Audie said...

I miss you guys!!