Saturday, September 13, 2008

Please don't come over now

I'm sick. I caught some awful bug overnight. Seriously, I went to bed feeling great and this morning I woke up and felt like crap. My throat hurts, I have a horrid head ache, I have a cough that hurts like heck, I have no energy, as well as no real appetite. This really sucks.

Yeah, I feel bad, but being sick mostly sucks for my poor house. It was already in need of a cleaning (which I was planning to do today), however now it's crossed over from being mildly untidy to hazardous waste zone (ok, maybe not quite that bad, but close). I've had no energy to do anything buy lay on the couch. I've tried to get involved with Tralee as much as possible. We've read a few books (with my croaky hardly-there voice), played on starfall.com, watched recorded episodes of Sesame Street together. I've also changed her bum when needed, and fed her as well. Tralee's also had some fun on her own, and my house reflects that. Instead of chasing after her and picking up the things she tears apart, I've let her run wild and free. There are little messes everywhere on top of the messes that were there yesterday .

Jim was at a scout camp until around 2:30 today. When he got home he made me some soup, and fixed himself some lunch. I appreciate Jim's willingness to take care of me, however my kitchen is two times as messy as it was before. I guess I can't complain. At least Jim was thoughtful enough to cook me lunch. Jim's been under the weather as well, and is exhausted from scout camp so neither of us are much in the mood to clean. Oh well. Even with the messes surrounding me, I'm staying put, drinking lots of fluids, and trying to attack the infection that's wreaking havoc on my body. Once I'm relatively "clean" again, I'll attack my house. Until then, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't come over. It's a waste land here. All forms of humanity have vanished. There's a sickly woman dwelling here, a little wild child running around, and caveman camping out on my couch. Our home looks almost primitive with the lack of care it's received. I'm waiting for someone to come slap a "condemned" sticker on our front door. Hopefully I'll get enough energy soon to clean enough to escape that fate.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I'm afraid this virus has taken over my brain as well. Nothing seems to be working how it should.

3 comments:

Joni said...

get well, get well soon!! That's me singing to you.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

I'm so sorry! Isn't it way too early in the season to be getting sick like this? I hope you get better fast and that Tralee never gets it!

Boom said...

I sure wish I could be there to help clean the place up. I can hardly stand reading about it. Love and best wishes for a quick recovery!