Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ohio Vacation: Party and Fireworks

On the 3rd of July we went to my Mom's office party. Her work is located right next to a park that hosts fireworks. So we ate food, played lawn games, rode around on a off road thing (I can't think of what it's called), and then watched fireworks. It was a nice night.

Here's a picture of my Mom, Haylee, Jim, Dad, and Jimmy chowing down.



I like this picture of Tralee. She was wandering around and I noticed how tiny she was compared to this huge tree.


Jimmy and Brady riding around on the . . . nope, I still can't think of what it's called.



At one point Jimmy was taking Haylee for a ride, and Brady wanted to go too. Jimmy said he couldn't until after Haylee's turn. So, instead just waiting there, Brady decided to chase after Haylee and Jimmy. It was pretty funny seeing him sprint after them in the middle of a field.

There was a dog at the party, and Tralee's eyes lit up every time she saw him. She kept trying to give the dog kisses. It was cute. I think there's a picture of her doing this in the collage above.

Poor Tralee became really tired and cranky when we were waiting for the fireworks to begin. I didn't want her to fall asleep before she saw her first big firework show, so I kept her awake. The first few explosions captured her attention. She looked at them with wonder. Then, her crankiness crept up again, and I decided to sit with Tralee in the car and see if she could fall asleep. She did. Jim came with us too. So, just the three of us watched the remainder of the show from the parking lot. Jim even scored some more drinks and rice crispy treats from the party. So, there the three of us sat, eating, drinking, sleeping, and being merry while explosions erupted in the sky above us.

It was a good night.


1 comment:

Meagan said...

Sounds like you had a blast!