Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just a Nice Weekend



Friday was bowling league night. No money was won this night, but fun was had. Jim and I didn't bowl as well as we would have liked, however we won two out of three games. Not too bad, right?

Saturday was nice. We were lazy in the morning, I think because it was a gray drizzly day. You know, the kind of day where you just want to stay inside and sip hot cocoa. After the rain subsided we went for a nice family walk. Then we decided to go to our house on Chicken Dinner Road to measure it for flooring. While there we decided that there's a bit of work we'll need to do on the property before it's move-in ready. Jim ripped out the old carpet, and burnt a ton of weeds. That's about it so far.



We were hungry after Chicken Dinner Road, so we went out for pizza, and stopped by Home Depot for some inspiration. That was fun. While we were there I thought how fun it would be to have an unlimited budget for a home, and to be able to decorate and style it however you wanted. Until then, we're going to try to make the house look as nice as possible, without spending too much.



Last night we rented the movie Next, starring Nicolas Cage. At first I didn't think I would like it, but I actually really enjoyed it, and would recommend the movie to anyone that's looking for a fun show to watch. The following is another fun little movie. Tralee was laughing at me when I said "Boo!" We were right out side the movie rental place. How fitting!



Today was Stake Conference. There were some great speakers, and we really enjoyed listening to the talks. Afterwards we went to Jim's Mom's for lunch. She made Navajo Tacos, and I made Key Lime Pie. We watched some movies with Tricia and Jeff, and came home.

That's about it for this weekend. We had fun, relaxed, and I even managed to get some laundry done. One thing that annoyed me (not just this weekend but always) was the fact that you're never done with the dishes. As soon as you clean the kitchen, it's dirty the next time you eat. Usually only a few hours apart. Oh well. I guess if that's all I have to complain about I'm pretty lucky.

One more thing: The cat's been MIA for the last few days. I hope all is well in Kittydom.

No comments: